Betadine® Antiseptic Cream
Share this Product
Product Description - Betadine® Antiseptic Cream
- Topical antiseptic to cleanse minor wounds: cuts, scrapes, minor burns, scratches and grazes.
- Kills germs and helps to prevent infections in minor cuts, wounds, abrasions and burns.
- Brown colour shows wherever BETADINE® has been applied.
Clean affected area. Apply a small amount to wound 1 to 3 times daily. May cover with a sterile bandage.
For external use only. Avoid contact with eyes. If contact occurs, rinse with water. If swallowed, call a Poison Control Center or get medical help right away.
Do not use:
- Over large areas of the body.
- On deep puncture wounds, animal bites or serious burns.
- If pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If irritation develops.
- If you are allergic to any ingredient.
- On infants (under 2 years).
- If you have a thyroid disease.
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- Condition gets worse or persists after 7 days.
- Rare anaphylactic reactions have been known to occur.
Keep out of reach of children
Store below 30°C.
See tube crimp for lot and expiry date
Frequently Asked Questions
BETADINE® antiseptic products have a range of antiseptic formats for your different needs.
The main reason for using antiseptics is to help prevent infection.
BETADINE® antiseptic cream and spray use a povidone-iodine solution to kill the germs and help prevent infections from minor cuts, scrapes and burns.
The active ingredient in BETADINE® antiseptic products, povidone-iodine, is naturally a golden brown colour. It will not stain your skin, fingernails or hair, although you can see where it’s been applied on the skin.
If you accidentally get BETADINE® on natural fibres it can usually be easily washed off with water and soap. For man-made fibres, BETADINE® antiseptic products can usually be washed off with the help of a stain remover.
CAUTION: Immediately remove spills from plastic floors.
BETADINE® First Aid should not be used on deep puncture wounds, animal bites, serious burns or over large areas of the body. If irritation develops, stop using BETADINE® First Aid. If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, if you have an allergy to any ingredients, or any type of thyroid disorder do not use BETADINE® First Aid. BETADINE® First Aid should not be used on children under the age of 2.
Water only removes physical debris lodged in flesh, unlike an antiseptic like a BETADINE® First Aid product that kills surface germs and helps prevent infection.