Do you have Sugar Sense?
Do you know even if we don’t drink pop, sugary drinks or eat sweets, we can still consume lots of sugar daily? Check out the foods that you eat. There are hidden sugars that we might have consumed without even noticing!
- Dried fruits
- Flavored yogurt
- Oat cereal
- Ready-to-eat soup
- Salad dressing
- Sauces and marinades for meat
- Bran muffin
Reading nutrition labels can also help you make healthy drinks and food choices:
- Choose drinks that contain no added sugar
- Watch out for these words: high fructose corn syrup, fructose, fruit juice concentrates, honey, molasses, maltodextrin, agave syrup, maple syrup, malt syrup
What’s your pick of the day?
- Naturally flavored pure water with fresh lemon or cucumber (0 sugar) OR Iced tea (8 cubes of sugar)
- Latte with 2% milk 473ml (4 cubes of sugar) OR specialty coffee with syrup & whipped cream (17 cubes sugar)
Increase your sugar sense. Make healthier choices!